I don’t know about where you live but here where I live gym membership are expensive. On top of that I would have to pay extra for childcare since I homeschool my daughter. I started looking for ways to avoid the hefty costs outside of just not going to a gym or working out. I mean that’s always an option right? I thought I would share with you some tips I found for ways to avoid an expensive gym membership.
1) Get outside. Getting outside and enjoying the outdoors is completely free! I always feel so much better after a walk outside. The fresh just seems to lift my spirit and help boost my mood.
2) Check your local community center. We have a community center in our county that offers free workout classes and also has an indoor walking track. Search the web to check for something similar in your area.
3) Search Pinterest for at home workouts. You will find a large list of them there. I’ve gotten good results from quite a few of them.
4) Check out your local library. At most local libraries you can borrow DVD’s for free. So, head to your local library and see what options they have.
5) Use a streaming service. Services like Amazon Prime and Netflix have workout DVD’s that you can use. Personally, I love this option because I can change up my routine without paying extra.
6) Buy used equipment. You can usually find used treadmills, ellipticals and things along those lines one sale on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and local yard sale groups. Be sure to check all these local option if you think having some equipment would help you with your workouts!